25 Jan 2017

when i look back at the painting I painted of us and I regret so much

1. 
I’m in love with a ghost
but even the ghost
finds it hard to believe

isn’t it sad, baby
now all we got left is
hidden memories
and forfeited presence

you gave me up in your
dreams and I sat
there agreeing with you
The last thing you said
to me was “farewell” and
I took it as a sign
to free fall

baby, it does not last
your love nor mine
the long-awaited journey
was but a lie: I will come
to you and I will wait
for you and together
we will learn how to
spell happiness
Or if that word is too long
and hard we start with
home
Then we both forget all
how to spell, how to love
how to mourn
an accidental loss.

2. 
I would tell you I will be
there for you even
when nobody would
but my words against yours,
the witness of this world’s
cruelty, you’d prove me flawed

I’m an accomplice to
the crime that robbed you your
beliefs, some kind of religion that’s
only good as gone.
I’d tell you to bet on me,
I always win
but you have seen loss
before it begins

I’m not at all competent
in a game no grown men ever
forces me to play as a child,
betting away my innocence as a prize

Whoever has played that game
and won
has continued to take it all
---you know what i'm talking about right?