5 Jan 2017

heartbreak on an airplane

Mama asks if I'm bringing my broken heart with me oversea 
"No, dear Mommy," I said,
"I never bring anything with me"
"Not even memories," I said,
"or things that resemble it:
all I have is 28 lbs checking luggage,
a laptop,
and a bag full of cigarettes."
"Mama do not worry about me,"
I said. "My heartbreak is too
yesterday and if it isn't you
still won't hear me crying
about it.
I will be crying on my way back,
perhaps, silently
on my seat while watching a movie,
in the dark, when the
passengers next to me have fallen asleep.
When the airplane
accelerates and there is but inescapable sky,
clouds, and the
last of sunlight burning my left arm
through the window, I
will be crying,
perhaps."

Mama asks, "Is it solved then?
Who caused it?
Do you intend to leave it?"

Oh dear mommy. Who else can cause a broken heart
but an once-lover who left.
A girl
broke your daughter's heart
but I cannot tell how I really feel.
So don't worry mommy, you won't hear it from me.
You won't hear me cry, because it's me who left,
after countless of
failed
goodbyes.
She didn't want to hear me cry,
so mommy, I'm crying alone
on the airplane
that will take the pain
away from where it could stand
and be rooted.
I'm carrying
nothing but
a broken heart
to the flight and soon
I will also
leave it behind